[xsl] Handling ' ' in source xml

Subject: [xsl] Handling ' ' in source xml
From: Phun Li <phun_li@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:01:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I've read the FAQ regarding nbsp issues..and I don't
think this case is quite address, was hoping for help.

Basically the source xml i'm converting to xml, has a
lot of &nbsp; sequences in it...in the text nodes of
many different elements, wherever they happened to
feel like sticking it.

Getting the authors to switch to   or modify their
source in any way is not an option :(

So I need some way to output   or   in the resulting
html document....

I've been experimenting with something like a template
that matches

text()[contains(self::node(), '&nbsp;')]

To try and do some kind of search and
replace...maintaining the text around it but I feel
like i'm painting myself into a corner

I hope this isn't covered in the nbsp faq and I'm just
not seeing it... :(

thank you for your times
Li