Re: [xsl] Apply-templates - how to omit top level element tags?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Apply-templates - how to omit top level element tags?
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:59:47 -0500
> Unfortunately, I still don't grok the difference between:
>
>         *
>         .
>         node()
>
> What I'd like to see is example showing all the potential differentuse cases
of each of the three and what they output, but I can't find that concisely in
any of the books or websites I've looked at.  I guess I'll just have to set
aside several hours and do it myself.

Are the examples in the spec not to your liking?
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath, section 2, 2.5 seems to have the best
descriptions.  If these aren't helping you, perhaps someone might be
able to give you some you like better.  What books are you using?
There was a thread recently about good books for beginners to pick up,
searching the archives should turn them up.

Jon Gorman