Re: [xsl] Preserve some tags, but ignore same

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserve some tags, but ignore same
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:47:56 +0530
Hi Matt,
    Please use the following stylesheet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates select="/html/div[1]" mode="nopreserve"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="/html/div[not(position() = 1)]"/>

  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="div">
<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>
<xsl:apply-templates select="h1|p"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="p">
<xsl:apply-templates select="i|b"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="i">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="b">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="div" mode="nopreserve">

<xsl:apply-templates select="h1" mode="nopreserve"/>

  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="h1" mode="nopreserve">

<xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::p[1]" mode="nopreserve"/>

  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="p" mode="nopreserve">

<xsl:apply-templates select="i|b[not(preceding-sibling::br)]"
mode="nopreserve"/>
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="i|b[ancestor::p]" mode="nopreserve">

<xsl:apply-templates  mode="nopreserve"/>

</xsl:template>

  </xsl:stylesheet>

cheers,
prakash

                      Matthew Fonda
                      <mfonda@xxxxxxxx         To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      om>                      cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                                               Subject: [xsl] Preserve some tags, but ignore same
                      09/13/2005 04:42
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

I am having a problem figuring out how to do the following. I have
several xml documents, that are like as follows:

   <h1>...</h1>

there are multiple div's in each document, but only the first one
contains an h1, and the I am trying to get the text of the p following
the h1, but before the br in the p, so
1943</b></p>
would become

Problem is I have other p's later on in the document that I need to
preserve the b and i tags in, how can I go about solving this?

Thanks,
-- Matt

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in