Re: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?

Subject: Re: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:09:57 +0100
On 9/13/05, Gabriel <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because when I input the XML in ISO-8859-1 the characters edv are
> transformed correctly, but when I input them as UTF-8, they look like
> rubbish transformed. So they are interpreted as ISO-8859-1 even though they
> are UTF-8.
>
> Btw, have you used IXSLProcessor and used UTF-8 input?

Those characters should be the same in both IS0-8859-1 and UTF-8...

Try setting your output encoding to ascii eg:

<xsl:output encoding="US-ASCII"/>

This will ensure all non ascii characters are written out as a
character references.  Doing removes any issues surrounding the viewer
reading the result in the wrong encoding.

What character references get output?  You should see &#229;&#228;&#246;