RE: [xsl] Keeping a map in my XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Keeping a map in my XSL
From: "Nathan Young \(natyoung\)" <natyoung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:43:21 -0700
Hi.

Kevin, I've done something like what you want to do using the document
function and xpaths.  I agree with Andrew's suggestion about not relying
on document order to associate key/value pairs, but we have values that
can contain elements so we use something more like:

<map>
   <key name="1">value of name 1</key>
   <key name="7">value of name 7</key>
</map>

That's in a separate file from the xsl (say map.xml).

Then in the xsl you can use:

<xsl:variable name="map" select="document('map.xml')"/>

To get then value for 1 you can use:

<xsl:value-of select="$map//key[@name='1']/>

Andrew would your xsl:key solution apply to this?  If so how?

---->Nathan