RE: [xsl] Keeping a map in my XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Keeping a map in my XSL
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:33:31 +0100
> (Thanks for all the help.) Is there any caching of the map
> document behind the scenes? I am concerned about performance
> if I send several thousand documents throught my XSL parser.

That's dependent on the processor and on how you run the transformation. In
Saxon, if you reuse the same Transformer (doing a reset() between
transformations but not a clearDocumentPool()), then the documents
previously loaded using document() will still be in memory.

Alternatively, you can build the document cache yourself, and supply
documents from the cache in response to the document() call using your own
URIResolver.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/