RE: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?

Subject: RE: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?
From: "Nick Fitzsimons" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:22:08 +0100 (BST)
> Well if I output the contents of the COM object, I get an UTF-8 encoded
> XML
> document that I can view in the browser, and edv looks fine there.
> Same thing if I output DOM XML. But if I transform it using IXSLProcessor,
> that's when edv looks weird.
>
> /Gabriel

I would conclude from the fact that the DOM output from the COM component
is fine that it's something in the transformation. Have you specified

encoding="UTF-8"

in the <xsl:output> element? IIRC, MSXML has a tendency to default to
UTF-16 (or something else...). Ensure that you specify the encoding in the
XSLT and it may solve your problems.

Then again, from lots of past experience with MSXML, it may not :-)

HTH,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons