RE: [xsl] <xsl:number?

Subject: RE: [xsl] <xsl:number?
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:40:32 -0700
thanks,

you are saying the same thing as Chris did, which fixed my problem. In this case you are referencing the fact that level defaults to single, where Chris indicated to set it to any - which fixed my problem.

I had another related problem with a multiple numbering scheme. In rereading the 7.7 section of XSLT and playing with the values I discovered that there is a need to sometimes use two or more <xsl:number> elements together to get the numbering that you want. Some how I had managed to have tables and figures all appear at the same level up until this week and it pointed out this second deficiency. This other use is shown in the spec, but it doesn't explain that it is the only way to make some combinations work. I just looked at it as an alternate way of doing what the examples with level=multiple were showing.

..dan