[xsl] XSLT2: A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the first argument of contains()

Subject: [xsl] XSLT2: A sequence of more than one item is not allowed as the first argument of contains()
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:53:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

  I am having problem with contains() in XSLT2
(Saxon8.5.1).  The following code is checking if the
classname contains the word "notification":

<xsl:variable name="vKeyword" select="notification"/>
<xsl:variable name="vClassName"
select="Class/@classname"/>
<xsl:if test="contains($vClassName, $vKeyword)">
  <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:if>

XSLT2 using Saxon8.5.1 returns the following error:
XPTY0004: A sequence of more than one item is not
allowed as the first argument of contains()

Using XSLT 1, Saxon8.5.1 returns no error.

What does that error mean?  How do I check if an
attribute contains a keyword in XSLT2?

thanks,
Xiaocun Xu

http://mail.yahoo.com