Re: [xsl] RELAX NG validator

Subject: Re: [xsl] RELAX NG validator
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Sep 2005 10:28:18 +0100

    Eric> XSLT 2.0 would help if you wanted to support W3C XML Schema
    Eric> datatypes which would be tough to support with XSLT 1.0.

Note that this would require a schema-aware processor for the full
datatype library - a basic XSLT processor must only support a subset.

    Dimitre> Of course, a function, which takes a list of grammar
    Dimitre> rules and returns another function, which is a parser for
    Dimitre> this grammar -- such parser generator *is* of very high
    Dimitre> importance.

    Dimitre> People have done this in Haskell -- look for example for
    Dimitre> Erik Meijer's PARSEC -- yes, the same Erik Meijer, who
    Dimitre> was the mind behind XLINQ.

What's XLINQ?
I know of Erik from PARSEC.
I had some bad experiences trying to figure out how to do things with
parsec (I was trying to add namespace support to HaXML in order to
write an XSLT processor in Glasgow Parallel Haskell - I'll try this
again one day in Eiffel).
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire