Re: [xsl] php xml xsl transformation returning empty string

Subject: Re: [xsl] php xml xsl transformation returning empty string
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:06:45 +0100
On 10/2/05, nalopaleaahu@xxxxxxx <nalopaleaahu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm I thought the closing xml was well formed, I was wrong. Thanks

Really?  With no matching opening <xml> how could you think it was well
formed?

> Now I dont get parsing errors now but the transformation is not
> returning anything new, just the comment segment as it was before

Your source XML doesn't have a comment segment...

> rdfpic.xsl:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";
> xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
> xmlns:DC="http://purl.oclc.org/dc/documents/rec-dces-199809.htm#";
> xmlns:Technical="http://www.w3.org/2000/PhotoRDF/technical-1-0#";
> version="1.0">
> <xsl:output method="html" indent="no"/>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <xsl:apply-templates/>

You've called apply-templates here, but don't have any other templates
in your stylesheet...

> <xsl:for-each select="*">
> <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>:
> <xsl:value-of select="*"/>
> </xsl:for-each>

There isn't an attribute 'name' in your source - what were you
expecting to select here?  It's probably best to take some time out
and learn xml and xslt outside of php...