Re: [xsl] grouping list items by attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] grouping list items by attribute
From: Lynn Alford <lynn.alford@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:17:13 +1000
At 09:14 PM 3/10/2005 -0500, you wrote:
I have no doubt that there is a quick and easy way to do this in XSLT 2.

I forgot to specify in previous email that this needs to be a Xalan (XSLT1) compatible solution.

Yet, no one has responded to your email. Since it's likely there a

Being in Australia, I'm generally cool with ask a question today and get an answer back sometime in the middle of the night.

wouldn't be good.  Thankfully better was ways are already covered in
the FAQ http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4486.html#d5151e1051 and

Alas, XSLT 2

on Jenni's site (cited in the FAQ
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/muenchian.html.

This brings to mind a question I have been meaning to ask. Does anyone know a good tutorial for learning about xsl:key and generate-id()? While I have managed to harness the key to create structure in another style sheet, exactly what it's doing and how is a mystery. Makes using things like muenchian much harder when it's all magic.

Lynn