[xsl] xslt for xsd (schema)

Subject: [xsl] xslt for xsd (schema)
From: "Vikash Gupta" <vikashgupta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:50:02 -0400
I am trying to write an xslt code that will flatten my schema document. A simple example:

Schema document

<xs:element name="product1">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:choice>

<xs:element name="amount" type="Amount"/>
<xs:element name="dimension" type="Dimension"/>

</xs:choice>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</element>

<xs:element name="Amount" type="xs:double"/>
<xs:element name="Dimension>
<xs:attribute name="length" type="xs:double"/>
<xs:attribute name="width" type="xs:double" use= "optional"/>
</xs:element>

I want to go through all the nodes and generate a text file of all the information (name, data type, enumeration, Path information) for all the attributes and elements under product1 to the lowest node, so that I don't have to refer to my schema document everytime I want to write an XML document for product1.

Sample output wanted

Name, vnml_type, data_type, vnml_path
amount,element,double,product1/amount
length,attribute,double,product1/Dimension
width,attribute,double,product1/Dimension

Has anybody done it before. Any suggestions or are there any software or freeware available to do this. Thanks in advance.

Vikash

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/