Re: [xsl] select element based on value of one of the children

Subject: Re: [xsl] select element based on value of one of the children
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:19:37 +0200
You are looking for:

select="a[b = '7']"

The [...] is called a predicate.

If you look closely enough at the example, you will notice a select expression containing a predicate as well...

Cheers,
G.

Schellekens, B.J.G. wrote:

XSL processor, processor version, and version of the language: I use IE6
to test my stylesheet and have the following header in my stylesheet
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

Dear reader,
As a XML and XSL newbie I would like to know whether it is possible to
select an element based on the value of one of children and how this can
best be done.

I have a xml document with the following structure:
<main>
	<a>
		<b>5</b>
		<c>G</c>
	</a>
	<a>
		<b>7</b>
		<c>L</c>
	</a>
	<a>
		<b>4</b>
		<c>T</c>
	</a>
</main>

I would like to know how to, for example, select the following element
and use it in my stylesheet (<xsl:for-each select="???????">):
<a>
	<b>7</b>
	<c>L</c>
</a>

Note that I select the element with a child b having a value of 7.

Cheers,

Bjorn

P.S. I tried to do my "homework" and found the following example
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N3235.html#d4086e214. I, however, do
not understand what their solution to the problem is.

-- Drs. G.P.H. Josten Consultant

Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665  JZ  Bleiswijk
Tel: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
www.daidalos.nl

De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van Daidalos BV en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.