[xsl] rogue xmlns="" in output xhtml

Subject: [xsl] rogue xmlns="" in output xhtml
From: "Paul Spence" <paul.spence@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:43:06 +0100
Hi,

I am trying to output valid xhtml code, but am currently getting the
following:

<!DOCTYPE html
  PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
   <head>
      <title xmlns="">PROJFULLNAME: Home</title>
      <link xmlns="" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="./Assets/c/global.css" />
   </head>

The problem is those sporadic random 'xmlns=""'s dotted throughout the
document. I've tried playing around with various things but nothing seems to
work and I'm not sure what's going on here.

I am currently using what was once called xslt 1.1, saxon 6.5.2 and my
output is created using <xsl:document>, as in the pre-xslt 2.0 definition of
that element.

I know that I should be migrating to xslt 2.0 soon, but I would prefer to
avoid that for right now. Is there an easy solution using xslt 1.x tools? My
last driver stylesheet started as follows:

<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
 	extension-element-prefixes="saxon"
                version="1.1">

    <xsl:output method="saxon:xhtml"
    omit-xml-declaration="yes"
    indent="yes"
    doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
/>

Thanks in advance,
Paul Spence