RE: [xsl] Trying to find out which XSLT processor is in Firefox, to get at node-set() function

Subject: RE: [xsl] Trying to find out which XSLT processor is in Firefox, to get at node-set() function
From: Didier PH Martin <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:05:34 -0400
Hello Ken,

Yes it is informixx given by MITRE to the Mozilla project.

The XSLT implementation in Mozilla is far from the one in Micrsoft IE and
lack several usefule features. Even more still has unresolved bugs:

a) complex xpath expressions are not resolved properly
b) do not generate proper <iframe> elements for the target HTML interpreter
(i.e. the one in Mozilla)
c) it's not possible to debug ECMAScript code after a transformation is
performed. In contrast to Microsoft's debuggers (Office Script editor, MSDEV
IDE, script debugger) which allows to debug code after an XSLT
transformation, Mozilla Venkmar can only be used to debug HTML documents
only.
Etc.. etc...

So, Mozilla is not really an XML browser but more an HTML browser. The
Mozilla team does not invest too much in XML processing and several bugs are
unresolved since the day the code was given to the open source project.
Develolping AJAX or XML+XSLT based applications on Mozilla platforms is
tremendously more expensive then on IE.

I know, what I said is taboo; I should not say that the emperor has no
clothes but nonetheless it has no clothes :-)

Have a good day Ken
Didier PH Martin