Re: [xsl] Problem Tagging Several Words in a Given String

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem Tagging Several Words in a Given String
From: UlyLee <ulyleeka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:29:36 -0700 (PDT)
Can this be a solution?

Instead of replacing "P. Trigard" with "Trigard,
Louis" on the first pass i'll replace it with "rep1"
and on the 2nd pass i'll replace "Trigard" with
"rep2". After that i'll again run f:replace-all to
replace "rep1" with the proper replacement same with
"rep2".

But how do i create a node-set of string like ("rep1",
"rep2")

-- UlyLee

--- UlyLee <ulyleeka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On the first pass of the function
>
> $input = "Image Mater amabilis P. Trigard"
> $words-to-replace[1] = "P. Trigard"
> $replacement[1] = "Trigard, Louis"
>
> on the second pass:
>
> $input = "Image Mater amabilis <AUT_DEST>Trigard,
> Louis, s.j.</AUT_DEST>"
> $words-to-replace[1] = "Trigard"
> $replacement[1] = "Trigard, Louis"
>
> and because $input contains "Trigard" it will
> replace
> it with the corresponding $replacement.
>
> Is there a way so that the function would not
> replace
> the string inside the <AUT_DEST> element? (I think
> thats the only way to avoid my problem)
>
> -- UlyLee
>
> --- UlyLee <ulyleeka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi list! I know this problem was solved last week
> by
> > the function given by Michael Kay, unfortunately i
> > encountered a problem with this string:
> >
> > "Image Mater amabilis P. Trigard"
> >
> > The function is (i made some modification so that
> it
> > will fit the our requirements):
> >
> > <xsl:function name="f:replace-all">
> > <xsl:param name="input" as="xs:string"/>
> > <xsl:param name="words-to-replace"
> as="xs:string*"/>
> > <xsl:param name="replacement" as="xs:string*"/>
> > <xsl:sequence select="if
> (exists($words-to-replace))
> > then f:replace-all(replace($input,
> > replace($words-to-replace[1],
> '[.\\?*+{}()\[\]^$]',
> > '\\$0'),

concat('<AUT_DEST>',$replacement[1],'</AUT_DEST>')),remove($words-to-replace,1),remove($replacement,1))
> > else $input"/>
> > </xsl:function>
> >
> > $input = "Image Mater amabilis P. Trigard"
> > $words-to-replace = ("P. Trigard","Trigard")
> > $replacement = ("Trigard, Louis, s.j.","Trigard,
> > Louis, s.j.")
> >
> > running the current funtion would result to:
> >
> > "Image Mater amabilis <AUT_DEST><AUT_DEST>Trigard,
> > Louis, s.j.</AUT_DEST>, Louis, s.j.</AUT_DEST>"
> >
> > But my desired output is:
> >
> > "Image Mater amabilis <AUT_DEST>Trigard, Louis,
> > s.j.</AUT_DEST>"
> >
> > what should i do to the function to achieve that?
> >
> > -- UlyLee

> > http://mail.yahoo.com

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Music Unlimited