RE: [xsl] String evaluation problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] String evaluation problem
From: "Nathan Young \(natyoung\)" <natyoung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:15:21 -0700
It's hard to tell from the info you give, but this may be another use
case for a design pattern that's come up a few times recently.

If what you need to do is create a map of values that gets substituted
in, you can load values from an external document (or the current XSL)
using the document function.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:variable name="dictionary" select="document('values.xml')"/>

<xsl:template ...
  <xsl variable name="key-name"
select="concat(substring('continue(1)',1,8),substring('continue(1))"/>
  <xsl:value-of select="$dictionary//$key-name"/>

... <snip>

Where the file values.xml might contain

<root>
   <continue1>general explanations</continue1>
   <continue2>... etc.</continue2>
</root>

Is that helpful?

--->N