RE: [xsl] How to avoid a blank line

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to avoid a blank line
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:47:38 +0100
> Hi all,
> I've some xml document with
>
> I would like to eliminate the div elements and use
> <xsl:template match="div[@class='index']"/>
> with apply-templates, which works fine but leaves me
> with a blank line at the place of the div.

Are you generating HTML? Do you mean you have a blank line in the HTML
source, or a blank line on the screen as shown by the browser?

Whatever the answer, your template for the div element can't change things
that were outside the div element, such as newlines before and after it.
That kind of change has to be done in the template rules for those text
nodes. Need to see more detail if you want more specific advice.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/