[xsl] MSXML bug - xsl:import not coming from URI or importing XSL

Subject: [xsl] MSXML bug - xsl:import not coming from URI or importing XSL
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:28:10 -0400
Hi,

I am finding a file resolution problem with MSXML. I could not find this problem in a search.

Here is the problem:

I load an HTML page from URL http://localhost/project/page.html

On that page I assemble an XSL processor object to do some /ajax/ transformation. When I load the primary (the one that will do some xsl:import's) I use the URL http://localhost/project/preview/layouts.xsl.

So I would assume that XSL relative to the URL would be found (Firefox/Mozilla does it this way). But, MSXML looks for the XSL relative to the original HTML page, for example in layouts.xsl I have:

<xsl:import href="head.xsl"/>

This comes to the server as http://localhost/project/head.xsl.

This is a bug, right? Any Microsoft people here? (Michael Champion, I saw you blog entry this morning :) Can anything be done?

best,
-Rob