Re: [xsl] inserting an element (was: Up-conversion using XSLT 1.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] inserting an element (was: Up-conversion using XSLT 1.0)
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:20:56 +0200
Hi again Manfred,

If you are able to use XSLT 2.0 server side, then you will have the
benefict of regular expressions, which is much better for pattern
recognision than what you have in XSLT 1.0.

I do not know enough about XSLT 2.0 to really give you any help here.

pseudo-code recursive solution:

<zitat>
<xsl:for-each line-with-correct-value-or-ul-element>
<if line><xsl:value-of select="."/></if>
<if ul-element><xsl:copy-of select="."/></if>
</xsl:for-each>
</zitat>

I do not know whether this is a feasible solution or if there is a
better way of achieving what you want. A string-replacing solution in
another language might still be a better option.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)