RE: [xsl] [XPath-2.0] Get the name of type of a node

Subject: RE: [xsl] [XPath-2.0] Get the name of type of a node
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:50:45 -0000
There's no function to do this: it's a deliberate omission, because the
designers wanted to encourage you instead to test

$x instance of TYPE

which means your code isn't dependent on implementation details, for example
your code shouldn't be affected if a function decides to return an
unsignedByte when you were expecting an integer. Also, not all types have
names.

However, for diagnostic purposes, Saxon has an extension function
saxon:type-annotation(node)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/