[xsl] absolute position in FOP and following/preceding text

Subject: [xsl] absolute position in FOP and following/preceding text
From: "Ian & Chris" <bakeric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 18:55:18 +1100
I am using FOP to create PDF documents.

I have the problem where I need to create line of text on a document in a
certain line (absolute position), then the rest of the text needs to follow
after that fixed line of text.

What I am getting is the fixed line of text starting at the correct place,
but then the rest of the text is then starting at the top of the document.

Is there any way of getting the rest of the text to follow the line of the
fixed line of text.

The rest of the text can be in any format, and there may be another fixed
line of text after the initial one, in these cases the text would have to
follow the next fixed line of text.

I am using MATCH templates, and cannot use for-each.

XML example

<fixed text 1>
   <text>bla fixed 1</text>
<fixed text 1>