Re: [xsl] problem with Xpath in Variable filled by choose

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem with Xpath in Variable filled by choose
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:26:27 -0600

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
>                     <HeadlineColor>#ff0000</HeadlineColor>
>                     <TeaserColor>#00ff00</TeaserColor>
>                     <TeaserColorSub>#0000ff</TeaserColorSub>
>                 </news>
>
> But if I do:
> <xsl:copy-of select="$CategoryPointer/HeadlineColor"/>

Looks like a namespace problem to me, but I'm battling a headcold so I
could be a bit flaky. Assuming you declare the namespace in the xslt
stylesheet element the xpath you are looking for is something like
this:

 <xsl:copy-of select="$CategoryPointer/xsI:HeadlineColor"/>

The reason the other xpath till "grabbed" those in the variable
setting is because you're doing the name()=$catagory I would suspect.

Notice this still wouldn't get you

#ff0000 but something like:

<HeadlineColor>#ff0000</HeadlineColor> or

<HeadlineColor
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>#ff0000</HeadlineColor>

There's quite a bit about namespaces in the faq.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Jon Gorman