Re: [xsl] xml to csv

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml to csv
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:32:57 +0100
On 11/21/05, andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<Snip/>
> You input is a bit odd though, decide how it would look normlized and
> then work from there, eg:
>
> <root>
>       <a>a</a>
>       <a>a</a>
>       <a>a</a>
>       <a>a</a>
>       <b>
>               <bb>bb1</bb>
>               <bb>bb2</bb>
>               <bb>bb3</bb>
>               <bb>bb4</bb>
>       </b>
>       <c>
>               <cc>
>                       <ccc>ccc1</ccc>
>               </cc>
>               <cc>
>                       <ccc>ccc2</ccc>
>               </cc>
>       </c>
>
> What would happen to the c's?  Would you get 4 <c>s, 4 <cc>s or 4
> <ccc>s?  Are the <a>s correct?  It's not obvious.

As far as I can see, it is only the leaf nodes that should be countet.
That is, only a, bb, ccc and dd elements.

There was a post within a month time that had the same kind of problem
- going recursively through the nodes getting a grouped output like
the one that you try getting. I could not find the thread - I think
David Carlisle answered with a solution.

I would - as Andrew said - split it into two problems: one, getting
the xml in the required format, two: as simple transformation into the
csv that you want.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)