RE: [xsl] IDREFS and key()

Subject: RE: [xsl] IDREFS and key()
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:55:05 -0800
Force of habit and at least one bad experience. I have a stylesheet that I distribute that was built for saxon 6.5 but did not work out of the box with saxon 8.x. I just haven't gotten around to finding out what the problem was and then changing over all my processes.

..dan

At 11:05 AM 11/29/2005, Michael Kay wrote:
>The saxon tokenize() works for me in this case.

I find it a little hard to see why anyone would want to use Saxon extension
functions with XSLT 1.0.

I can see why some projects might feel that they want to stick with XSLT 1.0
for the time being, and why some projects might be stuck with XSLT 1.0
because of their unfortunate choice of platform. But if you are able to use
an extension function like saxon:tokenize(), then I would have thought that
in nearly all cases you were better off moving to Saxon 8.x and the standard
XSLT 2.0 tokenize() function.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703

When H.H. Bennett was asked why he preferred to be out
shooting landscapes rather than spending time in his portrait studio:

"It is easier to pose nature and less trouble to please."

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/bennett_feature.cfm