Re: [xsl] XML namespaces problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML namespaces problem
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:11:29 +0100
Andrew Ballantine wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I am having a problem with XML namespaces being present on a message that I am attempting to transform.
>
>The namespace xlmns="..." (actual namespace removed but it is a valid url - no actual data there though) in the first element is causing XSL to fail to be able to transform the message properly. With this removed, it works fine, but with it present, it does not. Is there any way I can get XSL to disregard the namespace or otherwise work around this problem, without pre-transforming using another XSL file?

is this namespace defined in your XSLT as well ? if not your selects,
xpath etc...most likely wont return anything because XSLT cant address
the
elements/attributes....http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/NamespacesFAQ.htm is
always a good starting point to understand namespaces.

when u say 'fail to transform'....whats the error message (and what XSLT
processor u using?).

>Also interestingly enough, if the namespace is prefixed (i.e. takes the form xmlns:prefix="..."), then I can "avoid" the problem by using relative paths from the following element. However, in this case the namespace is not prefixed and is causing the XSL to fail to transform the message properly.

a short xml and xslt representative example would probably let us help u
more.

gl, Jim Fuller