[xsl] Re: Grouping / Count Issue

Subject: [xsl] Re: Grouping / Count Issue
From: "Miraodb" <miraodb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:01:59 +0100
> Most likely you have an old xslt2 engine that implements an early draft
> of XPath2 (in which your quoted error message is a true statement)
> rather than teh current draft of xpath2.
> David

> That suggests you're using an XSLT processor (version) that's about a year
> behind the current language spec.
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/

Hi,

you guyz were both right !
I downloaded the latest version from Michael's site and the XSLT 2.0
solution works like charm.
WOW ! Amazingly, it's 15 times faster than the one i found myself using deep
XPATH and nested for-each. My solution takes about 15 seconds, david's first
solution using keys for XSLT 1.0 takes about 5-6 seconds and the XSLT 2.0
one takes 1 second.

what a great improvment !
thanks to both of you and thanks mike for the fantastic processor ! (big
fan... use it from almost the begining...)

fabrice