Re: [xsl] extended xhtml attribute with namespace not bound

Subject: Re: [xsl] extended xhtml attribute with namespace not bound
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:09:57 -0000
----- Original Message ----- From: "Juergen Donnerstag" <juergen.donnerstag@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:36 PM

Your XML is not well formed because the wicket prefix has no namespace
declared, i.e. it's "not bound".
This style of prefix declaration is often used in HTML, I'm not sure how
valid it is, but it is not allowed in XML or XHTML. You need something like
this:

    xmlns:wicket=http://wicket.sourceforge.net
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; xml:lang="en" lang="en">

I'm not sure if this will affect the standard wicket server-side processing
though.

It is fine with wicket and I tried it already. Unfortunately it does not make a difference. The error still occurs.

Are you saying that something like <span wicket:id="xx"> is not valid
xml/xhtml? It is not possible to use a none html attribute (like
wicket:id) inside a html tag? If that is true, do you know if it is
possible to "extend" the xhtml dtd or do I have to modify the original
xhtml dtd and add the wicket attribut definition?

Happy New Year to you too.

Juergen

No, I meant that
is not allowed because there is no namespace URI declared for the wicket prefix.
Are you saying that adding the "http://wicket.sourceforge.net"; still gives the same error?
(There need to be quotes around the URI, my reader often helpfully removes them.)

--

Joe