RE: [xsl] How can you turn off xslt reserved tags?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How can you turn off xslt reserved tags?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:41:14 -0000
Three points:

(a) The only reserved element names in XSLT are names in the XSLT namespace.
Using the local name param is no problem if it's in a different namespace.
If you need to generate elements in the XSLT namespace there are ways of
doing this (either use xsl:element, or use namespace aliasing), but I don't
think you need this.

(b) XSLT stylesheets must be well-formed XML documents. That means you can't
have elements inside attributes. To construct the attribute value, use an
AVT: value="{some/value}".

(c) XSLT stylesheets must be well-formed XML documents. This means that the
<param> start tag has to have a matching end tag. I'm not sure if this is a
problem in your case as you only showed a snippet: but the answer to your
stated wish "I don't want to have to make this well formed" is: you're out
of luck.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/