Re: [xsl] Dynamically create framed HTML on server using MSXML?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamically create framed HTML on server using MSXML?
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 22:58:13 -0000
----- Original Message ----- From: <watchstone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 10:36 PM

Hello: It looks like the answer to this is no from doing my research, but I want to make sure that there isn't some extension function or some other way to do this. Basically what I want to do is to create multiple output documents on-the-fly (to create two frames in an HTML page that is sent back to the client) on the server-side using MSXML (this is the parser that we are stuck with for the time being). Is there any way to do this using the method of an XML document calling an XSLT stylesheet and doing the transformation?

Thanks for your help.

You use script embedded in the transform.
This means that the stylesheet will only work on MSXML but that seems inevitable given the requirements.
You can pass a node list to a JavaScript function and save the results independently of the main result tree.
There are a few examples on the web, if you can't find any I'll try to write one.

Joe