Re: [xsl] should there be an error condition with XPATH function when param not defined?

Subject: Re: [xsl] should there be an error condition with XPATH function when param not defined?
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:18:23 +0100 (CET)
James Fuller wrote:

> Michael Kay wrote:

> >>xslt
> >><xsl:template match="/">
> >>    <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
> >></xsl:template>

> >That template rule will give you infinite recursion.

> >><xsl:template match="test">
> >>    <xsl:value-of select="contains(test, $somevariable)"/>
> >></xsl:template>

> ya cut and paste error, should read

>     <xsl:value-of select="contains(., $somevariable)"/>

  I guess Mike was speaking about the above template, matching the
source document node, not about this.

  What when you keep just that in your stylesheet:

    <xsl:template match="test">
      <xsl:value-of select="contains(., $somevariable)"/>
    </xsl:template>

  And with that:

    <xsl:template match="/">
      <!-- "*", not "." -->
      <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="test">
      <xsl:value-of select="contains(., $somevariable)"/>
    </xsl:template>

  And finally, what are the exact symptoms?  Does Firefox respond?  Or
does he go in an infinite recursion?  What are all the error and
marning messages?

--drkm

Nouveau : tiliphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Dicouvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.
Tilichargez sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com