[xsl] simple xslt question, retrieved data has no xml tags.

Subject: [xsl] simple xslt question, retrieved data has no xml tags.
From: "Lizet Pena de Sola" <lizet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:19:58 -0600
Hello all,
I need to import data from a 35MB xml file into a sql server database. I'm
trying to cut that file in smaller chunks of data that can be more
manageable.
I'm using .NET framework 1.1 for this. I believe the processor is MSXML 4.0.
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but each time I apply an xslt to the
file I only get the text inside the nodes and I want to preserve the xml
structure of the nodes I select, in order to create smaller xml files.

Here's the code so far:

Here's the xslt file
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions";
xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-datatypes";>
       <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"
media-type="xml"/>
       <xsl:template match="//products[equipment/model='MX210']">
            <xsl:apply-templates select="self" />
       </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Dim doc2 As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument
           doc2.Load("DA880data.xml")

           ' Modify the XML file.
           Dim root As XmlElement = doc2.DocumentElement

           ' Create an XPathNavigator to use for the transform.
           Dim nav As XPathNavigator = root.CreateNavigator()

           ' Transform the file.
           Dim xslt As XslTransform = New XslTransform
           xslt.Load("transformdata.xsl")
           Dim writer As XmlTextWriter = New
XmlTextWriter("output.xml", Nothing)
           xslt.Transform(nav, Nothing, writer, Nothing)

Any idea is more than welcome. Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Lizet