Re: [xsl] looping over a string?

Subject: Re: [xsl] looping over a string?
From: Eric Scheid <eric.scheid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:53:33 +1100
On 23/1/06 10:55 PM, "Ragulf Pickaxe" <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Unfortunately I don't have an option of having an input document with 26
>> nodes. Maybe I'd be better off with unrolling the loop, writing 26
>> variations of xsl:call-template?
>
> I do not understand why you cannot do this?

The database system involved only facilitates exporting the xml-ised
rows+columns (in only one format), and then applying a single xslt sheet. If
there are no records of the required letter then no row for that letter.

Sadly so.

I suspect I can define a chunk of xml inside the xsl, assigning it to a
variable, and somehow apply templates to that?

e.