Re: [xsl] Convert apply-templates to call-template?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convert apply-templates to call-template?
From: Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:42:25 +1100
On 1/31/06, Phillip B Oldham <phillip.oldham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm currently passing the item nodeset to a template using
> <xsl:call-template /> based on the url, which is working fine for other
> parts of the system. The Celko technique is being used to store a BTree
> in SQL, which I need to reproduce based on the lh and rh tags.
>
> I don't think <xsl:apply-templates /> will work, because I can't match
> the <item> tag as there are other parts of the app which use it.

I still don't understand what you want to do, though. You can match on
item with sub-elements (<xsl:template match="item[lh='7']" />, with
the caveat that @match isn't XPath), but I don't understand what your
expected result is. You say you use call-template for any items, but
what is the underlying problem you're trying to solve? Even elements
in your matched node has access to all the axis-nodes, so if you match
on <item> you can do parent::container/@url. Do you mean
match="container[@url='something']/item" ?

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert