Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

Subject: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer
From: Oleg Konovalov <olegkon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:01:17 -0500
Charles,

I want it to be 1 HTML document which
has many pages, printed 1 table per page.
It should be read by Excel 2000/2003
(or Excel plug-in for IE6)

I think, that tag should be able to separate pages for printing:
so my idea is that Excel-HTML transformer
should replace
<page-break></page-break>
with:  <br style="page-break-after:always;">

Does it make sense to you ?
So how do we do that in transformer?

TIA,
Oleg.

On 2/3/06, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've run your stylesheet against the XML you provided. It produces an HTML
file with a single table, visually broken into sections. When I examine the
output I see three new lines at each point where you indicate you want a page
break.

> HTML doesn't have any concept of a page break. Each document is a page,
however long it may be. What is it that you want to appear in your HTML at the
points where the three blank lines appear?