[xsl] Re: Abstracting XSLT to generate multiple forms for the same

Subject: [xsl] Re: Abstracting XSLT to generate multiple forms for the same
From: "Johnathon Wright" <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:04:35 -0600
Thanks for all the help... the add / modify / view screens are all working brilliantly. I have one more question.

Given that I won't know the name or number of the fields but I will have that information in the XML, I need to generate a table view of the information. I can already do this for one datum, but can't figure out how to use what I have for groups of entries... How do I take the format below and get output in a table format, as in the example below (I used text instead of HTML but you get the idea). Note that the fields listed as hidden do not appear.

Group Name Description Massage Table Choosing a massage table is easy when you ... Massage Chairs This allows you to take your massage ...

<web_document> ... lots of other stuff here ...
<contextual_data>
<data_definition>
<data_name>specification_group</data_name>
<data_name_formatted>manage Specification Group</data_name_formatted>
<field_definition>
<field_name>specification_group_id</field_name>
<field_name_formatted>ID</field_name_formatted>
<field_type>hidden</field_type>
</field_definition>
<field_definition>
<field_name>seller_id</field_name>
<field_name_formatted>Seller</field_name_formatted>
<field_type>hidden</field_type>
</field_definition>
<field_definition>
<field_name>specification_group_name</field_name>
<field_name_formatted>Group Name</field_name_formatted>
<field_type>text</field_type>
</field_definition>
<field_definition>
<field_name>dMassage escription</field_name>
<field_name_formatted>Description</field_name_formatted>
<field_type>textarea</field_type>
</field_definition> </data_definition>
<data_set> <datum><specification_group_id>2</specification_group_id>
<specification_group_name>Massage Table</specification_group_name>
<description>Choosing a massage table is easy when you consider all the features and compare them with your needs.</description>
</datum> <datum> <specification_group_id>4</specification_group_id>
<specification_group_name>Massage Chairs</specification_group_name>
<description>This allows you to take your massage wherever the customer might be...</description>
</datum> </data_set> </contextual_data>
</web_document>