[xsl] XSLT Processor caching and keys

Subject: [xsl] XSLT Processor caching and keys
From: "Fraser Goffin" <goffinf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:38:58 +0000
We receive XML messages which contain a fairly high number of codified values (from schema enumerations). I have beed asked to provide an 'enrichment' of these messages by looking up each of the code values and adding its description to the output. I am considering doing this in XSLT (comments welcome) since we do possess (or could create) XML based 'lookup' documents.

My question is this though. If it is found that using 'keys' is a helpful optimisation, if I keep a copy of the XSLT processor in a cache (the messages are requests to a web service), does this include any internal structure/indexes created for said keys (I don't know how these work internally so I could be completely wrong ?).

Fraser.