Re: [xsl] Finding and processing index terms

Subject: Re: [xsl] Finding and processing index terms
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:43:46 GMT
> But this is really the design I have:

> <!ATTLIST x
>            a  CDATA   "y" >

yes, true, which means that there's always one attribute so it's safe to
use != but (especially if your real dtd is in an external file rather
than an internal subset) you can't be sure it's read and you can be sure
your xpath will blow up if it's not read so using != rather than
not(..=..) hardly ever seems worth the risk.

The message to which I was replying said:

> In testing in the full document, it appeared as if the Default values were
> not being read from the DTD I had.

True your problem was actually elsewhere, but... I still hold that 9
times out of 10 when a stylesheet has != in it, it's a bug waiting to
happen.

David

http://www.star.net.uk