RE: [xsl] Convert paramter to a sequence

Subject: RE: [xsl] Convert paramter to a sequence
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:04:51 -0000
> > Pass the parameter as the Xpath value "(1, 2, 3)".
>
> If the system allows xpath expressions to be specified externally.
> Unless I've missed something, saxon (for example) only allows (on the
> command line) parameters to be specified by a string value or be
> specified as a document node by passing in a file name/uri.

Yes. Some products allow you to specify an XPath expression as the parameter
value. With Saxon you always pass a value, not an expression. If you use the
command line, the parameter is interpreted as an untypedAtomic literal and
is cast to the required type; but you can't cast from untypedAtomic to a
sequence of integers. You can supply a sequence of integers (as an array or
a List) if you're using the Java API.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/