Re: [xsl] How to prevent that XML attributes ares automatically added ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to prevent that XML attributes ares automatically added ?
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:54:33 +0000
On 2/22/06, Jirtme Haguet <j.haguet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am doing some changes in (a lot of) XML documents with XSL (using Apache
Ant 1.6.5 target named <xslt .../>)
> The -simple - purpose is to delete / add  / modify some attributes.
>
> Basically, it works.
>
> Except one thing : in some cases, it adds some attributes to some XML
elements.
> I guess that this happens in order that the final XML become compliant with
the DTD specified in the top of the source XML file.

"http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/dtds/jasperreport.dtd";>
> <jasperReport ...isFloatColumnFooter="false" whenResourceMissingType="Null"
isIgnorePagination="false">
> </jasperReport>
>
> The point is that I do not want these attributes to be added - for the
moment.
> Any idea how to unactivate this ?

You need to alter the DTD to remove the defaulted attributes, or alter
the source XML to remove the doctype so the XML doesn't get validated.

cheers
andrew