Re: [xsl] Help deciphering someone else's XML schema

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help deciphering someone else's XML schema
From: "Gosselin, Michael" <Michael.Gosselin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:24:19 -0400
A little more information:

I found XSI.  Here's the definition:

2.6.3 xsi:schemaLocation, xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation

The xsi:schemaLocation and xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attributes can be
used in a document to provide hints as to the physical location of schema
documents which may be used for 7assessment7. See How schema definitions are
located on the Web ('4.3.2) for details on the use of these attributes.

[source:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PER-xmlschema-1-20040318/#xsi_schemaLocation]

The urn is the Universal Resourse Name.

I still don't get why we need stuff like
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet".  I mean, do we
*need* a spreadsheet in all the XML/XSL??

Michael