Re: [xsl] Man Page Transform and Modes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Man Page Transform and Modes
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:03:06 -0500
> Or would you use a completely different approach? If so, what?

It's been a long, long time since I've looked at the troff macros.
But if most the elements are generic, then using modes might be
overkill.  I tend to use modes where there are sections with
similarily named elements  (or identically named ones) that are
semantically different.  In this case I might just do something like:

<xsl:template match="section">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="@name='description'"><xsl:text>DE. </xsl:text>

and so on.  (or have several different templates.)

Otherwise it's possible to have several modes via a space seperation,
but I'm not sure how you would then tell it to include no mode.  It's
getting to the end of my day so I'm not going to take the time to dig
too deeply.  The specs might say something on it.

Jon Gorman

Jon Gorman