Re: [xsl] [ANNOUNCE] XQuery Hacks

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANNOUNCE] XQuery Hacks
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:33:03 +0100
On 4/25/06, Martin Gadbois <martin.gadbois@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> andrew welch wrote:
> > Isn't this OT for xsl-list ?
> >
> > These "new video tutorial" emails are bording on spam...
> >
> > On 4/24/06, Stylus Studio <stylusstudio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>[Announce] Hello Everyone,
> >>
> >>Stylus Studio has just released a new educational video tutorial
> >>entitled An Introduction to XQuery - you can watch it online at:
> >>http://www.stylusstudio.com/videos/xqueryedit1/xqueryedit1.html
>

> At least, they offer something useful to interested people, unlike
> spam... it not a "buy, buy, buy" attitude.
> But I agree that if the frequency of those messages gets too high, it
> could be annoying.

Well they are selling a product...  It's no big deal really, but if I
asked a question about XQuery or said "hey look at this cool bit of
XQuery" then I'm sure I would get a few puzzled "but this is XSL-List"
replies.... Plus the videos are about using their commercial app,
rather than XQuery itself.

Including [ANNOUNCE] in the title shouldn't give you carte blanche to
announce whatever you like, IMHO, as some of the announcements are
good and shouldn't be condemned by a 'straight to trash' rule because
of twice weekly new video spam.