Re: [xsl] The document() function and Base URIs

Subject: Re: [xsl] The document() function and Base URIs
From: MrDemeanour <mrdemeanour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:20:34 +0100
andrew welch wrote:
On 4/25/06, MrDemeanour <mrdemeanour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, list.

I have a stylesheet that is loaded into Xalan using an http:// URL,
 which happens to point to a Java servlet. The stylesheet contains
an import instruction:

<xsl:import href="genhtml.xsl"/>

Xalan is attempting to retrieve the imported stylesheet from the filesystem, and failing - it seems to be using the docBase of the servlet context, which I suppose is equivalent to using an empty
Base URI.

So how does a stylesheet come to know what its URI is? How do you
'tell' a stylesheet where it came from?

How are you loading the stylesheet - via a processing instruction in the XML, via the command line, or using a host application? If it's the latter then what objects are you using?

If it's a StreamSource then you'll need to call setSystemId() to give
 the stylesheet a location.

It's a StreamSource; it's being loaded in another servlet (i.e. a 'host application').

So you've answered my question - thanks a lot!

- This has to be the fastest list on the planet for turning around
questions!

--
Jack.