Re: [xsl] List of illegal characters for element, attribute, and variable names.

Subject: Re: [xsl] List of illegal characters for element, attribute, and variable names.
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:28:06 +0100
QNames: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#NT-QName

Or a more simple version for unqualified names (perhaps to start
with): http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-starttags

On 5/1/06, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm preparing some training materials for a group without much exposure to
XML. I started to write about what form a name (for an element, attribute, or
variable) can take. Specifically, what characters are not permitted. It was
easy at first, but then I realized I should find an authoritative source. I
googled, but came up empty. Either I asked for the wrong thing, or I couldn't
recognize the right thing when I saw it. Can someone point me to a resource?
Thanks.

-- Charles Knell cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email