Re: [xsl] Detecting a closing tag in xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] Detecting a closing tag in xslt
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:11:05 +0200
<xsl:template match="list1"><xsl:value-of select=".">
"END"
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="graphic">
<xsl:copy/>
</xsl:template>

would be one possibility, although not 100% certain I understood what
you meant about <Textfrom list1>
"END"
<graphic element should go here>
On 5/4/06, Tech Savvy <tecsavvy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi:

Thank you for your response. This is what I need to achieve:

My PDF looks like this after the transformation:

1. <Textfrom list1>
"END"
<graphic element should go here>

Basically, I need the line "END" after <list1> ends and before the
<graphic> element starts. I tried hardcoding this on the style sheet
but it does not work. Is there any other way to achieve it?

On 5/4/06, Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > On 5/4/06, Tech Savvy <tecsavvy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Hi: > > > > I have an xml file like this: > > > > <list1> > > > > ...... > > </list1> > > > > <graphic> > > > > </graphic> > > > > Is there a way to detect the closing tag </list1> in XSLT? > > Ummm, no. That's the point of the underlying model. Things get read > into the parser, then the processor deals with the tree of elements, > attributes, and other types of node. That being said, there might be > some tricky way to force it XSLT 2.0. If you want to use a streaming > model, there's SAX. > > Why do you think you need to see the closing tag? Odds are there's a > way to do what you want in XSLT. > > Jon Gorman