RE: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:30:36 +0100
> I am a new bie to xsl. As all of you have pointed to use XSL
> 2.0 that has tokenize functionality built-in, I have decided
> to use it. But I have following very basic questions:
> 1. how can I know which XSLT version I am using and what I
> will have to do to use XSLT 2.0?
> 2. Do I need to download some package?
> 3. On top of that since the xsl is applied to the xml input
> in browser, will my application run at all clients?

To use XSLT 2.0 you need to put your code through an XSLT 2.0 processor such
as Saxon.

Unfortunately there are no client-side (browser-based) XSLT 2.0 processors
yet (and may not be for some time).

I wouldn't recommend using client-side XSLT to beginners. It's a pretty
tough way to learn the language - the diagnostics tend to be poor, and it's
hard to get a clear separation in your head between what the XSLT
transformer is doing and what the browser is doing with the result.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/