Re: [xsl] using every inside a predicate

Subject: Re: [xsl] using every inside a predicate
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:29:15 +0100
You could use lower-case()

select="distinct-values(sections/section/name/lower-case(.)
              [not(contains(., 'new entry'))]
              [every $s in current()/sections/section satisfies
$s/name/lower-case(.) = .])"

...but I suspect there is a better way

On 5/23/06, Kevin Bird (Matrix) <kevin.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have updated my variable definition to;

>       <xsl:variable name="ubiquitous-names"
>                         select="distinct-values(sections/section/name
>                         [not(contains(., 'new entry'))]
>                         [every $s in ancestor::sections/section satisfies
$s/name = .])" />

Reading up on distinct-values, it says that I am to assume the default
collation as case-blind, but after testing, this is proving not to be the
case. Is there any way I can force a lower case comparision?

Thanks.

--
Kevin