Re: [xsl] xsl:for or xsl:repeat

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:for or xsl:repeat
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:06:22 -0500
On 5/24/06, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 01:21 PM 5/24/2006, I wrote:
>This is all true, but there are times when <xsl:for-each
>select="//node(position() &lt;= $number)"/> is just so far within
>the safety zone that a purist solution seems, well, limiting in its
>own way (since then we end up having to document the recursion, etc.).

Okay, I admit that it has sometimes been said one must really
document the position test as an artificial constraint on a count of
iterations, as it really is so bizarre....

Just a quick, somewhat stupid question that probably won't come up in any real practicality. What if there is the need to iterate more than there are nodes in the document? My brain is a little scattered at the moment, but am I correct in that this solution limits by the number of nodes in the document. Granted, it would be rare case for this to happen. Just curious.

Jon Gorman